Sunday, April 26, 2015

Into The Woods



       I've been hearing them singing all day.

       Hearing the drum beat, the dancing of their feet. If I pay attention I can smell the fire they dance around, the meat, the smoke. They celebrate because tomorrow I go out to become more than I am. Tomorrow, I leave for my journey into the woods.

       In the physical world I have eaten well, meat, veggies, and hummus. I have curled up with my woman, and sang her to sleep, stroking her hair, memorizing her as I have many times. She is nervous, but there is nothing to be afraid of. I won't be that far away, just far enough.
       I am up now preparing the last of my gear, my food, and my personal items. I bring with me my offerings, my magic, myself. I go to learn, I go to listen. I go to forge this path that others shall take it.

       I will return on Thursday evening. Blessings to all of you. I'm going to go spend these last few hours with my family. 

       Until next time.

Song in my head:


All images used in this blog adhere to the license agreements of the image owners. 
I found these images of my own, and gratefully list below the artists who's work I have presented here. 

Image 1 - Scott Ackerman: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sterlic/

No comments:

Post a Comment